Thursday, 20 September 2018

ANTIQUE BOTTLE HULSTKAMP & ZOON & MOLYN ROTTERDAM - #2262




ANTIQUE BOTTLE HULSTKAMP & ZOON & MOLYN ROTTERDAM
Item Code : 2262

Material Bahan : Clay (Tanah liat)
Negara : Nederland, Rotterdam
Approx Date : 1860 - 1880
Dimensi :
- Tinggi : 31cm
- Diameter : 8,4cm
- Berat : 1213 grams (1,2kg)
- Volume : 1 liter
Kondisi : sama seperti yang terlihat diphoto

HARGA : 300.000,- Idr

============================================

Hulstkamp co
The Rotterdam distillery distillery Hulstkamp (full Hulstkamp & Son & Molijn) has about 200 years. From 1775 to 1818 under the name of H. and J. Hoogeweegen, from 1818 to March 1823 under the name: Hulstkamp and Hoogeweegen and until 1979 as: Hulstkamp & Son & Molijn.
The first location was the corner Hofstraat - Coolvest to 1919, an area of ??warehouses and distilleries ± 2800 m2, in 1919 followed expropriation, then you are in the building known Hulstkamp drew the river Maas - North Island.
The initial period 1775-1818 was very difficult partly because of the infirmity of the Hoogeweegens and French domination which trade in the way the 'droits réunis ", which provides that a trader in the industry at least 1 hectolitre 1 shipment could deliver . Moreover, the French brandy, which was the main raw material for re-manufacture of liqueurs, due to land transport in price had doubled and exports been put on hold.

From January 1818 merged with Jacobus Joannes Hoogeweegen Hulstkamp. James and his brother William Hulstkamp are already known before 1818 as fine stoker and distiller to the Oppert in Rotterdam. James was a very enterprising man, next to the distillery he called Molijn & Hulstkamp a potato flour and syrup factory on the Rotte under Hillegersberg and conducted a wholesale sugar, honey and spices under the firm of James Hulstkamp & Co.. on the High Street in Rotterdam.
From 3 March 1823, the company went further under the familiar name: Hulstkamp & Son & Molijn, Joannes Hoogeweegen withdrew for health reasons, but still kept himself engaged in the wholesale Arac, Rum and an overseas distilled. From 1823 are-partners: James Hulstkamp, ??Jan Lodewijk Hulstkamp, ??his son, and the accountant Daniel Molijn.
Until 21 June 1848 worked above companions together, and they result from the company's trading and were succeeded by Johannes Hendricus Hoogeweegen and Daniel James Molijn (son of Daniel) and from February 7, 1869 (death Joannes) was only Hoogeweegen on the board.
From the very beginning 1775/1776 comes the famous ornament lion rests on a shield on which a lily is depicted and the whole is completed by the year 1775, (sometimes called a "monkey") this stone was immured in the Hofstraat / Coolvest and was relocated to the river Maas.
Other branches of Hulstkamp & Son & Molijn:
1892 in Brussels - Belgium
1918 in Düsseldorf - Germany
1914 West Franconia Scheestraat in Schiedam
1924 Warsaw - Poland - After the 2nd World nationalized
1932 Zurich - Switzerland

Although the fam Hulstkamp only briefly at the helm, the name was retained because the old gentleman "Hulstkamp" associated with James Hulstkamp. The official description of this new trademark (origin not certain trace):
An elderly and tasting gentleman, half-bald head and old favorites, dressed with an open standing coat, high to buttoned jacket and tie, sitting at a table with his right hand, which is resting on the table, a Goudsche pipe with the head downward facing hold. On the table at the right hand a jar, in which a narrow and broad etiquette visible and at the left is an open beaten glasses, behind which a pijpensleedje and a brazier.
The trademark is designated as such: "The old Hulstkamp" - "Sir Hulstkamp" - "Old Mr. Van Dort". Only Germany used a younger version of "The old Hulstkamp".
Many awards / medals were Hulstkamp in part, such as Paris 1889 - 1890 - 1900. Scheveningen 1892. Oporto 1865. Brussels 1893-1897-1910.